We couldn’t have picked a
more appropriate place for a
conference about imagination.
The 2018 ISPA Conference & Expo is being held at the Phoenix Convention Center which is located in the heart of downtown Phoenix. From the doors of the center, you're just minutes away from the comforts of your hotel, the cuisine and cocktails of nearby restaurants, and the nightlife of Phoenix’s urban core.
PHOENIX CONVENTION CENTER
100 North 3rd Street
Phoenix, AZ 85004
Sustainability efforts of the phoenix convention center
The Phoenix Convention Center is a LEED-silver certified green building with several notable environmentally-friendly features throughout its campus. Some highlights can be found below:
- Converting outdated lighting to energy efficient LED light technology.
- Convention Center chairs that will be used in the education sessions and lunch are made from recycled car battery casings and seatbelts.
- Condensation from air conditioning units are the source of water for their plants.
- Low VOC-emitting materials for the building’s interior creates enhanced Indoor Environmental Quality.
- Occupancy sensors and permanent monitoring systems minimize energy use.
- Low-flow fixtures reduce domestic water use.
- Air quality sensors monitor CO2 levels and update interior building control systems.
- Comprehensive Recycling Program and Green Cleaning Program were implemented to minimize ongoing environmental impacts.
- The Phoenix Convention Center is the first major convention center in the United States to install an Organic Refuse Conversion Alternative (ORCA) machine, which converts food waste into an organic liquid that need not to be transported to landfills and can even be used as a nutrient-rich effluent matter.
- A new chef's garden is currently being planted (visible for our attendees to see when walking through our Experience Center hallway) and will be fully in place by the time of our event.